Out of hours work on the Pacific Highway Korora and Sapphire Beach
As part of major construction, the Coffs Harbour bypass project is undertaking out-of-hours construction along the Pacific Highway between James Small Drive (north) and the Old Coast Road bridge over the highway.
This work is being carried out so Pacific Highway traffic can be temporarily moved east to enable the new western lanes for the bypass to be built. We’ll be working from Monday 4 March to early May 2024. If weather interrupts, work will continue through the following month. This work will be carried out five nights per week. Working hours are between 7pm and 6am, Monday to Friday.
Community information session - Tuesday 12 March 2024
- Time: 3.30pm to 6pm
- Location: Pacific Bay Resort, Marina Room
Corner Pacific Hwy and Bay Drive, Coffs Harbour
Members of the project team will be available to answer questions and share information on upcoming work. There is no formal presentation, please drop in at any time.
We look forward to meeting with you.
Draft Place Design and Landscape Plan – consultation period now closed
The Coffs Harbour bypass project team released the draft Place Design and Landscape Plan for public consultation on Monday 4 December. The consultation period ran to Friday 22 December and is now closed. The project team is preparing a consultation summary report covering key themes from the feedback received and this will be released in early 2024. As part of this process, the draft report will be finalised and issued publicly.
Available fact sheets
Fact sheets for the Coffs Harbour bypass provide detailed information on our construction activities and procedures. Each fact sheet has been produced to help inform how we are building the bypass with safety, environment, and community in mind. View our available fact sheets below:
- Coffs Harbour Bypass - Fact Sheet Tunneling
- Coffs Harbour bypass - Fact Sheet October 2023
- Coffs Harbour Bypass - Vegetation removal fact sheet
- Coffs Harbour bypass - Controlled blasting on the Coffs Harbour bypass Fact Sheet June 2023
- Coffs Harbour Bypass - Traffic safety fact sheet
- Coffs Harbour bypass - dust and air quality management factsheet
- Coffs Harbour Bypass - new plant species fact sheet
- Coffs Harbour bypass - Fact Sheet Asbestos management June 2023
- Coffs Harbour bypass - White Booyong Fig Subtropical Rainforest Factsheet
- Coffs Harbour bypass - Fact Sheet Bored piling for bridges
- Coffs Harbour Bypass - Good neighbour fact sheet
- Coffs Harbour Bypass - Safety in construction fact sheet
- Coffs Harbour bypass - Construction noise and vibration fact sheet
- Coffs Harbour bypass - Bridge building fact sheet
- Coffs Harbour bypass - Water management factsheet
- Coffs Harbour bypass - Bulk earthwork fact sheet